Friday 25 October 2013

Flower Brooches

I just had to share these!


As part of the Folksy Summer School goodie bag there was a pack of small fabric squares, samples from Ray-Stitch of their lovely range of plain cotton.


It was such lovely material but was too small for patchwork but was just the right size to make petals for a brooch.  


Each square was trimmed, making it into a quarter circle.  I then stitched the two straight edges of each quarter to make a cone.  


Flattening the cone so the seam was at the back I stitched along the open edge in a small running stitch, adding six more petals in a continuous chain.  


When the running stitch was pulled it gathered the cones into petal shapes, I then stitched each end together making a circle and glued it onto a brooch back.


Looking for inspiration for something to fill the centre I looked through my scrap bag and found some left over bobble trim.  I cut the pom-poms off and then mixed and matched them with each brooch and glued them into place.   


I won't be selling these, some may become presents but I have a feeling I will be wearing these myself! 







No comments:

Post a Comment