It has been lovely sitting outside under a parasol doing the hand sewing but the conservatory, where my work table and sewing machine are set up has been peaking at 48 degrees! Sewing when you are "glowing" is not a great idea!!
However this cooler patch has allowed me to get them finished and I am very pleased with the results. They come in a range of colours and sizes and I have used vintage embroidered table runners, tray cloths or seat backs to make them, with the usual trademark gingham. I also managed to source some lovely matching gingham ribbon to use as the drawstrings.
- Prettier than plastic bags when packing shoes or other items you want to keep separate
- Great for laundry, especially in a spare room hanging behind the door
- Smaller ones are good for jewellery, especially if you have a lot of large necklaces
- Haircare bits and bobs can be kept together, I use one for my straighteners and brushes when going away (But please make sure they have fully cooled down)
- Ideal for storing fabric scraps that are too small or odd shaped to fold
- Will keep unmentionables away from prying eyes in the bathroom
My bags are now on sale at my Folksy shop please take a look!